Technology Blog #2 : Building My Connected Learning Community as a Future Actor

 In Chapter 6 of The Connected Educator: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age by Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach and Lani Ritter Hall, the authors point out that being “connected” is about making important professional relationships, not just using technology or gaining followers. They indicate that strong networks are built on shared growth, trust, and collaboration. Rather than working alone, professionals should willfully seek out people who inspire and challenge them. This chapter's focal point is that learning and growth happen at their best when individuals join with others who share similar goals and passions.

For my future career as an actor, this idea is extremely important. This is not a career you build alone—it relies on relationships with casting agents, fellow actors, directors, and mentors. Building a strong network can lead to collaborations, auditions, and opportunities to develop my skills. Just like the authors describe, superior connections matter more than having a large number of contacts. By joining theater groups, acting workshops, and even using platforms like Instagram to share my work, I can build important connections that back my growth.

Theater Rehearsal Images – Browse 42 ...

Another key point from Chapter 6 is that being associated means giving back as well as learning from others. As a future actor, I can support others by promoting creative work, collaborating on projects, and sharing opportunities within my system. Face-to-face experiences like rehearsals and performances help build trust and toughen professional relationships.

Film Crew: Every Job on a Movie Set, Explained | Backstage


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your perspective on this chapter. You mentioned how the chapter emphasizes finding people that challenge you and this resonated with me. In my life I have challenged myself very few times. And I know that I should be challenging myself more often because it would help me improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your examples clearly illustrate that while having a large network may be beneficial to the acting profession; ultimately, it is the quality of those relationships that will help to determine an actor's level of success. I appreciate your additional point regarding giving back and assisting others; this illustrates the idea of mutual growth/trust emphasized by the authors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts